Where can I get a 209A Order?

A 209A Order can be obtained in any District Court, Superior Court, or Probate and Family Court in Massachusetts. Should you decide to go to the District or Superior Court to obtain a 209A Order you may go the respective court in the area where you live or, if you have fled to another area to avoid abuse, you may go to the respective court in the area you have now taken up residence.

Go to the Clerk's Office in the court and ask for a "protective order," or a "209A Order," or "restraining order." You will receive a packet of forms to complete, which is your application for a protective order.